Dr. Hung-Lin CHI
Co-Advisor; Chief Researcher in BIM & Automatic Construction
BSc, MSc (National Taiwan Univ.), PhD (National Taiwan Univ.)
Research Assistant Professor
E-mail address : email@example.com
Dr. Hung-Lin Chi joined The Hong Kong Polytechnic University as a Research Assistant Professor at the Department of Building and Real Estate in June 2017. His background is computer-aided and civil engineering and his research topics include automation processes in construction (construction route planning), sensing and tracking technologies (e.g. RFID, Laser scanning), virtual and augmented reality (VR/AR) and robotics (tele-operated construction machinery). He obtained his Ph.D. degree in National Taiwan University in Taiwan. The topic of his PhD research is “Development of an AR-Enhanced Tele-Operation Crane and User Interface.” He studied in group of Computer-Aided Engineering under department of Civil Engineering in National Taiwan University until 2013. He possessed a research fellow position responding for the research coordination of sensing, tracking and visualization group in Australasian Joint Research Centre for Building Information Modelling in Curtin University from 2013 to 2017. His current studies include developing path re-planning algorithms for construction crane simulations; integrating RFID data in the virtual environment for progress tracking and safety management; as-built modelling using laser scanned point cloud; and system integrations of BIM and inspection management systems.
- Advanced Construction Machinery
- Building Information Modelling
- Sensing and Tracking Technologies in Construction
- Visualization in Engineering
- Chai, J., Wu, C., Zhao, C., Chi, H. L. and Wang, X. (2017). “Reference Tag Supported RFID Tracking using Robust Support Vector Regression and Kalman Filter,” Advanced Engineering Informatics, 32, 1-10.
- Chai, J., Chi, H. L., Wang, X., Wu, C., Jung, K. H., and Lee, J. M. (2016). “Automatic As-Built Modelling for Concurrent Progress Tracking of Plant Construction based on Laser Scanning,” Concurrent Engineering: Research and Applications, 24(4), 369-380.
- Lee, D. Y., Chi, H. L., Wang, J., Wang, X. and Park, C. S. (2016). “A Linked Data System Framework for Sharing Construction Defect Information using Ontology and BIM,” Automation in Construction, 68, pp. 102-113.
- Chen, Y. C., Chi, H. L., Kang, S. C. and Hsieh, S. H. (2015). “Attention-Based User Interface Design for a Tele-Operated Crane,” ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 04015030.
- Chi, H. L., Wang, J., Wang, X., Truijens, M. and Yung, P. (2015). “A Conceptual Framework of Quality-Assured Fabrication, Delivery and Installation Processes for Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Plant Construction,” Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, 79(3), pp.433-448.
- Chi, H. L., Wang, X. and Jiao, Y. (2015). “BIM-Enabled Structural Design: Impacts and Future Developments in Structural Modelling, Analysis and Optimisation Processes,” Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering, 22(1), pp. 135-151.
- Liu, X., Shannon, J., Voun, H., Truijens, M., Chi, H. L. and Wang, X. (2014). “Spatial and Temporal Analysis on the Distribution of Active Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) Tracking Accuracy with the Kriging Method,” Sensors, 14(11), pp. 20451-20467.
- Chi, H. L., Kang, S. C. and Wang, X. (2013). “Research Trends and Opportunities of Augmented Reality Applications in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction,” Automation in Construction, 33, pp. 116-122.
- Chi, H. L., Chen, Y. C., Kang, S. C. and Hsieh, S. H. (2012). “Development of User Interface for Tele-Operated Cranes,” Advanced Engineering Informatics, 26(3), pp. 641-652.
- Lai, Y. C., Chi, H. L., Cheng, W. C. and Kang, S. C. (2012). “Using Robot Kits for Teaching Railway Engineers,” Journal of Information Technology in Construction, 17, pp. 416-433. (EI)
- Chen, Y. C., Chi, H. L., Hung, W. H. and Kang, S. C. (2011). “The Use of Tangible and Augmented Reality Models in Engineering Graphics Courses,” Journal of Professional Issues in Engineering Education and Practice, 137, pp. 267-276.
- Chi, H. L. and Kang, S. C. (2010). “A Physics-based Simulation Approach for Cooperative Erection Activities,” Automation in Construction, 19(6), 750-761.
- Kang, S. C., Chi, H. L. and Miranda, E. (2009). “Three-Dimensional Simulation and Visualization of Crane Assisted Construction Erection Processes,” ASCE Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 23(6), 363-371.