B.Sc., M.Sc., PhD
香港理工大學 建築與房地產學系教授、副主任 (分管科研)
倪萌教授主要研究建築設備與高效能能源設備領域，是一位經驗豐富的學者。他在2007年于香港大學機械工程系獲得博士學位，並於2009年加入香港理工大學建築與房地產學系。2012年，他被破格提升為副教授並于2016年升任教授，並兼任香港理工大學建築與房地產學系副主任（主管學術研究）。倪萌教授的主要研究興趣包括固體氧化物燃料電池（SOFC）及其他相關電化學能量轉化裝置的研究及類比。目前在國際學術期刊發表論文數百篇。論文獲SCI他人引用次數3000餘次。倪教授目前是超過50份國際期刊的審稿人和8份主要國際期刊的編委，並擔任Sustainable Energy Technology and Assessment等學術期刊的副主編。
- 2017 2016 Best Associate Editor Award, Science Bulletin (over 90 Associate Editors)
- 2016 Humboldt Research Fellowship (for experienced researchers), Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, Germany
- 2016 2015 Best Associate Editor Award, Science Bulletin (over 90 Associate Editors)
- 2016 Highly cited researcher in the field of Energy Science and Technology, by Shanghai ranking and Elsevier
- 2015/16 Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing Awards, for Applied Energy, Applied Thermal Engineering, Energy Conversion and Management, Chemical Engineering Science, Electrochimica Acta, Journal of Power Sources
- 2016 Departmental Research Publication Award, HKPU
- 2015 Departmental Research Publication Award, HKPU
- 2014 Departmental Research Publication Award, HKPU
- 2013 Departmental Research Funding Award, HKPU
- 2012 Departmental Research Publication Award, HKPU
- 2011 Departmental Research Publication Award, HKPU
- 2011 Top Reviewer Award, International Journal of Applied Energy, Elsevier
- 2007 Young Scientist Award in Engineering Science, Hong Kong Institution of Science
- 2007 Diploma for “Excellent Scientific Activity in Hydrogen Energy” by International Association for Hydrogen Energy and HTM-2007 organizing committee, Donetsk, Ukraine, May 2007
- 2006 Student bursary, Conference Committee, Fuel Cell Science & Technology 2006, Scientific Advances in Fuel Cells, 13-14 September 2006, Turin, Italy
- Fuel cells and electrolyzers for power generation or fuel conversion
- Rechargeable batteries for energy storage
- Numerical heat and mass transfer, ie. microfluidics
- Energy recovery from waste treatment
- Sustainable building technologies
SELECTED 20 RECENT PUBLICATIONS
H-index: 31 (June 2017); SCI Citations: over 5400
Detailed publication can be found: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/D-3589-2009
- Peng Tan, Wei Kong, Zongping Shao, Meilin Liu, Meng Ni, Advances in modelling and simulation of Li-air batteries, Progress in Energy and Combustion Science, Volume 62, September 2017, pp. 155-189.
- Peng Tan, Meilin Liu, Zongping Shao, Meng Ni, Recent advances in perovskite oxides as electrode materials for nonaqueous lithium-oxygen batteries, Advanced Energy Materials, Volume 7, Issue 13, 5 July 2017, 1602674 (23 pages).
- Bin Chen, Haoran Xu, Houcheng Zhang, Peng Tan, Weizi Cai, Meng Ni, A novel design of solid oxide electrolyser integrated with magnesium hydride bed for hydrogen generation and storage – a dynamic simulation study, Applied Energy, Volume 200, 15 August 2017, pp. 260-272.
- Haoran Xu, Bin Chen, Houcheng Zhang, Qiong Sun, Guangming Yang, Meng Ni, Modeling of direct carbon solid oxide fuel cells with H2O and CO2 as gasification agents, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 42, Issue 23, 8 June 2017, pp. 15641-15651.
- Houcheng Zhang, Wei Kong, Feifei Dong, Haoran Xu, Bin Chen, Meng Ni, Application of cascading thermoelectric generator and cooler for waste heat recovery from solid oxide fuel cells, Energy Conversion and Management, Volume 148, 15 September 2017, pp. 1382-1390.
- Yanxiang Zhang, Meng Ni, Mufu Yan, Fanglin Chen, Thermal aging stability of infiltrated solid oxide fuel cell electrode microstructures: a three-dimensional kinetic Monte Carlo simulation, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 299, December 2015, pp. 578-586.
- Wei He, Jian-jun Liu, Chu-sheng Chen, Meng Ni, Oxygen permeation modeling for Zr0.84Y0.16O1.92–La0.8Sr0.2Cr0.5Fe0.5O3−δ asymmetric membrane made by phase-inversion, Journal of Membrane Science, Volume 491, October 2015, pp. 90-98.
- Yiyi She, Zhouguang Lu, Meng Ni, Li Li, Michael K.H. Leung, Facile synthesis of nitrogen and sulfur codoped carbon from ionic liquid as metal-free catalyst for oxygen reduction reaction, ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, Volume 7, Issue 13, April 2015, pp. 7214-7221.
- Shuanglin Shen, Meng NI, 2D segment model for a bi-layer electrolyte solid oxide fuel cell, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Volume 162, Issue 3, 2015, pp. F340-F347.
- Jan Pawel Stempien, Meng Ni, Qiang Sun, Siew Hwa Chan, Production of sustainable methane from renewable energy and captured carbon dioxide with the use of solid oxide electrolyzer: a thermodynamic assessment, Energy, Volume 82, March 2015, pp. 714-721.
- Bin Lin, Yixiang Shi, Meng Ni, Ningsheng Cai, Numerical investigation on impacts on fuel velocity distribution nonuniformity among solid oxide fuel cell unit channels, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 40, Issue 7, February 2015, pp. 3035-3047.
- Feifei Dong, Meng Ni, Yubo Chen, Dengjie Chen, Moses O. Tade, Zongping Shao, Structural and oxygen-transport studies of double perovskites PrBa1−xCo2O5+δ (x = 0.00, 0.05, and 0.10) toward their application as superior oxygen reduction electrodes, Journal of Materials Chemistry A, Volume 2, Issue 48, December 2014, pp. 20520-20529. (this paper is featured as cover by the journal).
- Meng Ni, The effect of electrolyte type on performance of solid oxide fuel cells running on hydrocarbon fuels, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 38, Issue 6, February 2013, pp. 2846-2858.
- Yanxiang Zhang, Qiong Sun, Changrong Xia, Meng Ni, Geometric properties of nanostructured solid oxide fuel cell electrodes, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, Volume 160, Issue 3, 2013, pp. F278-F289.
- Yanxiang Zhang, Changrong Xia, Meng Ni, Simulation of sintering kinetics and microstructure evolution of composite solid oxide fuel cells electrodes, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 37, Issue 4, February 2012, pp. 3392-3402.
- Meng Ni, An electrochemical model for syngas production by co-electrolysis of H2O and CO2, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 202, March 2012, pp. 209-216.
- Meng Ni, Computational fluid dynamics modeling of a solid oxide electrolyzer cell for hydrogen production, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 34, Issue
- Meng Ni, Michael K.H. Leung, Dennis Y.C. Leung, Micro-scale modeling of solid oxide fuel cells with micro-structurally graded electrodes, Journal of Power Sources, Volume 168, Issue 2, June 2007, pp. 369-378.
- Meng Ni, Michael K.H. Leung, Dennis Y.C. Leung, K. Sumathy, A review and recent developments in photocatalytic water-splitting using TiO2 for hydrogen production, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Volume 11, Issue 3, April 2007, pp. 401-425.
- Meng Ni, Michael K.H. Leung, Dennis Y.C. Leung, K. Sumathy, An analytical study of the porosity effect on dye-sensitized solar cell performance, Solar Energy Materials and Solar Cells, Volume 90, Issue 9, May 2006, pp. 1331-1344.