Mr. Jason Z.J. DING 丁子健 先生
Member of Mingxi Youth Association 香港明曦同學會會員
University of California, San Diego 加州大學聖地亞哥分校
Mr. Jason Zijian DING is the Vice Leader of Bright Building projects as a graduate student of the University of California, San Diego.
His rank in the China College Entrance Exam procured for him an academic entrance scholarship (HK$480,000) offered by the PolyU. Throughout his studies at the PolyU, he has maintained an excellent academic performance: he has won the Best GPA Award, being recognized as one of the top 3 in the whole department and was twice on the Dean’s Honors List.
His final year project “low-cost water meter reading system” supervised by Prof. Francis C.M. LAU won the “Best 50 Final Year Projects Award” of the “Undergraduate Final Year Project Supporting Scheme 2017-2018” held by the Hong Kong X-Tech Startup Platform with a grant of HK$20,000.
He has participated in three exchange programs at the University of Cambridge, the National University of Singapore and the University of British Columbia respectively as well as one overseas internship in Moscow interacting with distinguished professors and senior fellows, with scholarships totaling HK$110,000 offered by the University.
Besides, he has taken part in three service trips in China and Myanmar and in a number of local volunteering projects. In his third year, he was the one of the founders and external vice president of the PolyU Drone Club and he was responsible for the external affairs of this community, including coordination, negotiation and bargaining. He also served as a community member for two years in the Exploring Hong Kong Community.
HONOURS AND AWARDS 獲獎經歷
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Entry Scholarship (Academic), HK$ 480,000 (US$ 61,500)
- Twice on Dean’s Honors List, Faculty of Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Best GPA Award (Top 3), Department of Electronic and Information Engineering, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- Wong Tit-shing Student Exchange Scholarship, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University Exchange scholarship, etc, in total HK$ 111,000 (US$ 14,070)
- Best 50 Final Year Projects Award, the Undergraduate Final Year Project Supporting Scheme 2017-2018, the Hong Kong X-Tech Startup Platform
SELECTED PATENTS 部分專利
- An Indoor Luminous Energy Recycling System for Green Buildings 「一種可用於室內光能再利用的地板」(201820737392.3, Under Review)
SELECTED PAPERS 發表論文
- Wang. Q., Zhang. S., Wei D., Ding. Z.* (2018). “Additive Manufacturing (AM): A Revolutionized Power for Construction Industrialization”. International Conference on Construction and Real Estate Management, Charleston, Aug. 9-10. (Conference Paper)