Dr. Ruidong CHANG
Co-Advisor; Chief Researcher in Project Management
Faculty of Society and Design, Bond University, Australia
Dr Ruidong Chang is an Assistant Professor in Bond University, Australia. He previously held the position of Postdoctoral Research Fellow in National University of Singapore, and obtained the PhD degree from The University of Adelaide in 2017. In his PhD study, Dr Ruidong Chang won several awards including the 2016 Chinese Government Award for Outstanding Self-financed Students Abroad, 2015 Global Research Scholarship as well as the Terence Williamson Prize of The University of Adelaide, and the Dean’s Commendation for Doctoral Thesis Excellence. His research interests include sustainable construction, renewable energy applications in buildings, and technology management in the construction industry. Dr Ruidong Chang has published 15 SCI/SSCI articles in top journals in the field of construction management, energy management or sustainable development, such as Energy Policy, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Review, Renewable Energy, Journal of Cleaner Production, Automation in Construction, Journal of Management in Engineering, and Journal of Construction Engineering and Management.
- Integrated sustainability assessments of construction industries
- Innovation theories (e.g. social-technical transition theory) and sustainability transitions in the building sector
- Renewable energy projects, energy policy and BIM-based building energy simulation/optimization
Selected Journal Articles
- Chang, R. D., Zuo, J., Zhao, Z. Y., Soebarto, V., Lu, Y., Zillante, G., & Gan, X. L. (2018). Sustainability attitude and performance of construction enterprises: A China study. Journal of Cleaner Production, 172, 1440-1451.
- Lu, Y., Wu, Z., Chang, R., & Li, Y. (2017). Building Information Modeling (BIM) for green buildings: A critical review and future directions. Automation in Construction, 83, 134-148.
- Zhou, H., Lu, Y., Liu, X., Chang, R., & Wang, B. (2017). Harvesting wind energy in low-rise residential buildings: Design and optimization of building forms. Journal of Cleaner Production, 167, 306-316.
- Chang, R. D., Chang, R. D., Zuo, J., Zuo, J., Soebarto, V., Soebarto, V., … & Zillante, G. (2017). Dynamic interactions between sustainability and competitiveness in construction firms: A transition perspective. Engineering, Construction and Architectural Management, 24(5), 842-859.
- Chang, R. D., Zuo, J., Zhao, Z. Y., Soebarto, V., Zillante, G., & Gan, X. L. (2017). Approaches for Transitions Towards Sustainable Development: Status Quo and Challenges. Sustainable Development.
- Chang, R. D., Zuo, J., Soebarto, V., Zhao, Z. Y., Zillante, G., & Gan, X. L. (2017). Discovering the Transition Pathways toward Sustainability for Construction Enterprises: Importance-Performance Analysis. Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 143(6), 04017013.
- Chang, R. D., Zuo, J., Zhao, Z. Y., Zillante, G., Gan, X. L., & Soebarto, V. (2017). Evolving theories of sustainability and firms: History, future directions and implications for renewable energy research. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 72, 48-56.
- Gan, X., Zuo, J., Wu, P., Wang, J., Chang, R., & Wen, T. (2017). How affordable housing becomes more sustainable? A Stakeholder Study. Journal of Cleaner Production, 162, 427-437.
- Chang, R. D., Zuo, J., Soebarto, V., Zhao, Z. Y., Zillante, G., & Gan, X. L. (2016). Sustainability transition of the Chinese construction industry: Practices and behaviors of the leading construction firms. Journal of Management in Engineering, 32(4), 05016009.
- Chang, R. D., Soebarto, V., Zhao, Z. Y., & Zillante, G. (2016). Facilitating the transition to sustainable construction: China’s policies. Journal of Cleaner Production, 131, 534-544.
- Zhao, Z. Y., Chang, R. D., & Chen, Y. L. (2016). What hinder the further development of wind power in China?—A socio-technical barrier study. Energy Policy, 88, 465-476.
- Zhao, Z. Y., Chen, Y. L., & Chang, R. D. (2016). How to stimulate renewable energy power generation effectively?–China’s incentive approaches and lessons. Renewable Energy, 92, 147-156.
- Gan, X., Zuo, J., Chang, R., Li, D., & Zillante, G. (2016). Exploring the determinants of migrant workers’ housing tenure choice towards public rental housing: A case study in Chongqing, China. Habitat International, 58, 118-126.
- Gan, X., Zuo, J., Ye, K., Li, D., Chang, R., & Zillante, G. (2016). Are migrant workers satisfied with public rental housing? A study in Chongqing, China. Habitat International, 56, 96-102.
- Zhao, Z. Y., Chang, R. D., & Zillante, G. (2014). Challenges for China׳ s energy conservation and emission reduction. Energy Policy, 74, 709-713.
- Zhao, Z. Y., & Chang, R. D. (2013). How to implement a wind power project in China?—Management procedure and model study. Renewable energy, 50, 950-958.